The Department of Education (DepEd) Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) for summer 2014 is now open for application.
The SPES is mandate under Republic Act No. 9547 otherwise known as “An Act To Help Poor But Deserving Students Pursue Their Education By Encouraging Their Employment During Summer and/or Christmas Vacations, Through Incentives Granted to Employers, Allowing Them to Pay Only Sixty Per Centum of Their Salaries or Wages and The Forty Per Centum Through Education Vouchers To Be Paid By the Government, Prohibiting and Penalizing The Filing of Fraudulent and Fictitious Claims, and For Other Purposes.”
SPES is an annual summer employment program that invites students to immerse themselves in government as well as hone their sense of leadership and public service. The program is currently spearheaded by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), with the support of other government agencies.Here’s the qualifications:
- Students/out-of-school youth who are at least 18 years old but not more than 25 years old
- He/she must be enrolled this school year (in-school) or if not, must have intention to enroll next school year (out-of-school)
- The combined annual net income of both parents must not exceed Php 143,000
- Applicants must possess office skills with priority given to those with computer-related skills
- SPES Application Form (Download Official SPES Application Form from deped.gov.ph)
- Birth Certificate / Baptismal Certificate (Certified True Copy / NSO);
- Income tax returns of both parents. If non-filers of ITR, they must bring an affidavit duly certified by the BIR that the annual net income of both parents does not exceed Php. 143,000 or a Barangay Certification as to the economic status of his/her family;
- College Students: Recent grades and school registration preferably in the second semester;
- For the Out-of-School Youth (OSY), provide Grades available before dropping out of school or a Certificate of Indigence issued by the Barangay where the OSY resides
All qualified applicants will be employed for 30 working days under the supervision of the SPES 2014 secretariat, which is located in the DepEd Central Office.
The application date is from March 10-22, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday.How to Apply?
When you have completed the necessary requirements, submission of document may be thru email via scanned documents (zip file) with your Name and Date of Submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also send your certified true copy of documents, enclosed in a brown envelope with your Name and Date of Submission, to
Special Program for the Employment of Students Secretariat
Office of the Undersecretary for Regional Operations
DepEd Complex, Meralco Ave., Pasig City
[SOURCE deped.gov.ph, dole9.org]
(Image courtesy of southcotabato.gov.ph)