The Bureau of Customs or the BOC released the names of about 5,000 applicants who passed the preliminary screening to fill vacant positions at the Bureau’s main office and various collection districts throughout the country. The official list were released on Wednesday, August 27, 2014.
Around 6,013 applications from all over the country were received by the BOCs Internal Administration Group (IAG) all vying for the 1,056 plantilla positions.
According to BOC, all passers of the the preliminary screening are required to take the general ability and competency exam to be administered by the Civil Service Commission (CSC) on August 31, 2014 (Sunday).
Here’s the List of Passers of the Bureau of Customs Preliminary Screening:
Venue of Exam
The general ability and competency exam was specially developed by the CSC for the BOC. The test will be administered by the CSC in three locations:
- National Capital Region (NCR) and Luzon:
- St. Joseph’s College of Quezon City (E. Rodriguez Ave, Quezon City)
- St. Theresa’s College (D. Tuazon St., Lourdes, Santa Mesa Heights, Quezon City)
- Siena College of Quezon City (Del Monte Ave., San Francisco Del Monte, Quezon City)
- Angelicum College (112 M.J. Cuenco St. Bgy Sto. Domingo, Quezon City)
- Visayas - St. Theresa’s College in Cebu
- Mindanao - University of Mindanao-Matina Campus
Examinees must be at the testing centers at least one hour before the time of the examination which will begin at exactly 8:00 a.m. on August 31.
Examinees that pass the first exam will be required to take aptitude and psychometric tests as well as specific exams to further test the qualification and fitness of applicants to perform the duties of the position they are applying for. These may include skill-based or physical fitness tests.
The list of pre-screened applicants who are required to take the test on August 31 are posted in the website of the Bureau of Customs www.customs.gov.ph; as well as the website and Facebook page of the Department of Finance. The list is also posted at the Collection District Offices of the Bureau of Customs nationwide.