|Photo Credit: alaskaaces.com.ph|
The 2015 PBA Philippine Cup Finals promise to be classic match-up between Alaska Aces and San Miguel Beermen.
The Alaska and the San Miguel, the league's winningest teams with a combined total of 33 championships (19 for San Miguel Beer, 14 for Alaska), are set to meet in a best-of-seven series.
Here’s the complete schedule, start time, live stream, TV info and venue for the 2015 PBA Philippine Cup Finals.
|Date||Time||TV / Live Stream||Venue|
|Game 1||Wed., Jan. 7||7:00 pm||Sports5||Smart Araneta Coliseum|
|Game 2||Fri., Jan. 9||7:00 pm||Sports5||Smart Araneta Coliseum|
|Game 3||Sun., Jan. 11||5:00 pm||Sports5||Smart Araneta Coliseum|
|Game 4||Wed., Jan. 14||7:00 pm||Sports5||Smart Araneta Coliseum|
|Game 5 *||Fri, Jan 16||7:00 pm||Sports5||Smart Araneta Coliseum|
|Game 6 *||Sun, Jan 18||7:30 pm||Sports5||Smart Araneta Coliseum|
|Game 7 *||Wed, Jan 21||7:00 pm||Sports5||Smart Araneta Coliseum|
* = only if necessary All times are in Philippine Standard Time
Results / Scores
Game 1: Alaska 88, San Miguel 82 | Boxscore | Video Replay: 1st Q, 2nd Q, 3rd Q, 4th Q, OT, Highlights
Game 2: San Miguel 100, Alaska 86 | Boxscore | Video Replay: 1st Q, 2nd Q, 3rd Q, 4th Q, Highlights
Game 3: Alaska 78, San Miguel 70 | Boxscore | Video Replay: 1st Q, 2nd Q, 3rd Q, 4th Q, Highlights
Game 4: San Miguel 88, Alaska 70 | Boxscore | Video Replay: 1st Q, 2nd Q, 3rd Q, 4th Q, Highlights
Game 5: San Miguel 93, Alaska 88 | Boxscore | Video Replay: 1st Q, 2nd Q, 3rd Q, 4th Q, Highlights
Game 6: Alaska 87, San Miguel 76 | Boxscore | Video Replay: 1st Q, 2nd Q, 3rd Q, 4th Q
Game 7: San Miguel 80, Alaska 78 | Boxscore | Video Replay: 1st Q, 2nd Q, 3rd Q, 4th Q, Highlights
Alaska vs. San Miguel Updates
How the Alaska got here
Alaska ended the elimination round with 8-3 win-loss card in a tie with Talk 'N Text for third to fourth place. The Aces survived a tough challenge from NLEX Road Warriors with an 82-78 win in phase one of the quarterfinals. The Aces advanced to the semifinal round after an 87-69 rout of Meralco Bolts in a knockout game in the second phase of the quarterfinals.
In the semifinals, the Alaska Aces dispatched the Rain or Shine Elasto Painters after game six to barge into the finals of the 2015 PBA Philippine Cup. It is the 27th Finals appearance of the Alaska franchise.
How the San Miguel got here
San Miguel finished tied with the Rain or Shine for the best record after the eliminations at 9-2, which gave them the outright semifinal berths.
San Miguel Beermen notched its 34th Finals appearance, the most in the league, as they cruised to a four-game sweep of rival Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters in the semifinals to enter the 2015 PBA Philippine Cup.
Players to watch - Calvin Abueva (The Beast) vs. June Mar Fajardo (The Kraken)
If San Miguel has June Mar Fajardo, Alaska has Calvin Abueva. Come from the same draft class in 2012, with Fajardo as No. 1 pick overall and Abueva No. 2, the two have emerged as the best players not only for their respective teams, but also in the league as they are the frontrunners for the Best Player of the Conference trophy.
The Kraken, the reigning Most Valuable Player leads the best player race with 19.2 points and 12.47 rebounds per game, while the Beast, who nipped Fajardo for the 2012-13 PBA Rookie of the Year, comes in at second with 15.79 points and 11.63 boards.
In their elimination game, Alaska limited the 6-foot-10 Cebuano native to 10 points that saw the Aces stun the Beermen 66-63. The Pampanga native limited to just five points in their first meeting, but the Alaska pesky forward had a field day in rebounds with 18.
Coaches: Alex Compton vs. Leo Austria
Alaska Aces coach Alex Compton and San Miguel Beermen coach Leo Austria, once a coaching buddies on the bench, are gunning for their first PBA title.
Almost a decade after, Compton and Austria cross paths in a coaching duel in the Philippine Cup finale. In 2006 and 2007, Austria was the head coach while Compton made his PBA debut as an assistant coach in Welcoat Paints’ first two seasons in the PBA.
Who will get his first PBA championship? Can Alex Compton find a way to nail his first PBA crown or Leo Austria will become an elite cast of individuals who have won a champion in the PBA as a player and as a coach?
Alaska vs. San Miguel: Team Leaders
The following were team leaders in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks per game.Alaska Aces
- Points per game (PPG): Calvin Abueva - 15.79
- Rebounds per game (RGP): Calvin Abueva - 11.63
- Assists per game (APG): Jayvee Casio - 3.32
- Steals per game (SPG): Calvin Abueva - 1.11
- Blocks per game (BPG): Samigue Eman - 0.62
- Points per game (PPG): June Mar Fajardo - 19.20
- Rebounds per game (RGP): June Mar Fajardo - 12.47
- Assists per game (APG): Christopher Lutz - 4.00
- Steals per game (SPG): Chriss Ross - 1.60
- Blocks per game (BPG): June Mar Fajardo - 2.07
The following were team statistics in 2015 PBA Philippine Cup.
- Points per game: Alaska 88.0, San Miguel 90.3
- Points allowed per game: Alaska 81.18, San Miguel 80.33
- Free throw percentage: Alaska 67.51%, San Miguel 70.48%
- Field goal percentage: Alaska 41.98%, San Miguel 44.37%
- Three-point field goal percentage: Alaska 30.70%, San Miguel 33.84%
- Rebounds per game: Alaska 50.41, San Miguel 50.27
- Assists per game: Alaska 18.24, San Miguel 17.80
- Fastbreak points per game: Alaska 10.94, San Miguel 9.40
- Second chance points per game: Alaska 11.53, San Miguel 10.80
- Turnovers per game: Alaska 16.59, San Miguel 16.20
- Turnovers points per game: Alaska 14.24, San Miguel 11.13