|Image Credit: DepEd Philippines|
UPDATE: DepEd School Calendar for SY 2016-2017 - DepEd Order No. 23, Series of 2016 (VIEW or DOWNLOAD)
The Department of Education (DepEd), the executive department of the Philippine government responsible for ensuring access to, promoting equity in, and improving the quality of basic education has released the School Calendar for the School Year 2015-2016.
Based upon DepEd Order 9, series of 2015, the opening of classes shall be on Monday June 1, 2015 and the last day shall be on Friday, April 1, 2016.
"The School Calendar for School Year (SY) 2015-2016 shows the school events and activities for the said SY. The core events and activities for this SY, which represent the actual teaching-learning days, shall be strictly observed in all schools," DepEd Secretary Armin Luistro said.
According also to the DepEd order, the next School Year will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break.
Important Dates: DepED School Calendar for SY 2015-2016
- May 4-10, 2015: Palarong Pambansa
- May 18-23, 2015: Brigada Eskwela (for SY 2015-2016)
- June 1, 2015: Beginning of Classes for SY 2015-2016
- August 26, 2015: National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE) for K to 12 Grade 9
- October 5, 2015: World Teachers Day
- December 19, 2015: Start of Christmas Break
- January 4, 2016: Resumption of Classes
- January 30, 2016: Early Registration Day (for SY 2016-2017)
- March 2, 2016: National Achievement Test (NAT), Secondary – Grade 10
- March 10, 2016: NAT, Elementary – Grade 6
- April 1, 2016: Recognition / Graduation Ceremonies / Last Day of Classes
- April 11, 2016: Start of Summer Class
- April 16-21, 2016: Brigada Eskwela (for SY 2016-2017)
- April 21, 2016: End of Summer Class
Here’s the Official DepED order for School Calendar for SY 2015-2016: