The biggest fight of the decade, Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao is set on May 2, 2015 at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas.
For the first time since Mike Tyson fought Lennox Lewis for the heavyweight title in 2002, Showtime and HBO, the two pay cable networks will do a joint broadcast of the mega-fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao.
It's expensive to go to Las Vegas just to watch the "Fight of the Century" live. All tickets made available online were sold out on the day they were released on sale.
So, how can you watch the big event on pay-per-view, TV, public viewing or live online?
According to reports of ESPN’s Darren Rovell, the suggested retail price of PPV in the US for the fight of the two greatest fighters of this generation, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, is $89.95. An additional charge for HD viewing could be as much as $10.
In the Philippines, to watch the PPV, which, of course, features the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao fight in the main event, dubbed as the "Battle for Greatness," you can subscribe to SKYCable for ₱ 2500 or to Cignal Digital TV for ₱ 2000 (Regular rate of P2,500 applies to subscriptions after April 18).
To know more about SKYcable and Cignal, log on to mysky.com.ph and cignal.tv.
PLDT, the largest telecommunications company in the Philippines, has also offered to watch the Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in HD via pay-per-view for free if you subscribe to Triple Play Plan until April 24. Please click here for details.
Boxing fans can also watch the superfight between Mayweather and Pacquiao live on Android devices via Viewstream app.
Smart has made available the Viewstream app for live and ad-free stream of the fight for just ₱ 499. Smart, Sun Cellular, and Talk ‘N Text subscribers can pay to view the livestream using their prepaid loads or charge the fee to their postpaid accounts. Please click here for details.
Free TV Live Stream
On free TV, GMA-7, ABS-CBN, and TV5 will air the fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao on a slightly-delayed basis.
The three TV network will air the fight simultaneously on free TV starting at 10 a.m. Sports5.ph has a replay of the main event at 4 p.m.
Public Viewing in Metro Manila and provinces
Here's a list of venues where you can watch the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight free in Metro Manila.
- Caloocan City Hall Gazebo
- Caloocan High School
- University of Caloocan City (UCC) South campus
- Bagong Barrio Elementary School
- Caloocan City Hall – North
- Glorieta Tala
- Camarin-D Elementary School
- Bagong Silang Phase 1 Auditorium
- Bagong Silang Phase 10 Kaliwa
- Bagong Silang Phase 7 Kanan
- Deparo covered court
- Northville Bagumbong covered court
- Verdant Covered Court, Brgy. Pamplona 3
- LP Central Elem. School Covered Court, Brgy. E. Aldana
- Saging Covered Court, Brgy. CAA
- Timog Covered Court, Brgy. CAA
- Golden Acres Covered Court, Brgy. Talon 1
- TS Cruz Covered Court, Brgy. Almanza 2
- Talon 4 Covered Court, Brgy. Talon 4
- Makati Coliseum in Barangay La Paz - open starting 7 am; 1,000 tickets to be given to senior citizens and persons with disabilities for priority seating. First come, first served seating for viewers without tickets.
- San Andres Sports Complex in Malate
- Tondo Sports Complex near Sto. Niño Church in Tondo
- Del Pan Sports Complex
- Sen. Arturo Tolentino Sports Complex (formerly Dapitan Sports Complex)
- Rizal Sports Complex at Alvarez St. cor. Rizal Ave., Sta. Cruz
- Patricia Sports Complex in Gagalangin, Tondo
- Sarmiento Sports Complex in Sta. Mesa
- 168 Mall, Divisoria
- Marikina Freedom Park
- Parang Playground
- Marikina Heights Covered Court
- Amoranto Stadium
- Filoil Flying V arena - open starting 9 am
- Cayetano Sports Complex
- Hagonoy Gym
- Tipas Elementary School
- Ususan Covered Court
- Bagong Lipunan Condominium covered court
- Bagong Tanyag covered court
- Em's Signal Village Elementry School
- Maharlika Elementary School
- Pinagsama Phase 2 covered court
- Taguig City University auditorium
- Valenzuela City Astrodome
- Our Lady of Lourdes Gymnasium
In province, here's a list of venues for public viewing of Pacquiao-Mayweather: Battle for Greatness.
- Outside Abanao Square - a giant screen outside the mall will show the fight, and Abanao Road will be closed to traffic
- Subic Bay Exibition and Convention Center, Subic Bay Freeport Zone - for employees of the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority
- Olongapo City Convention Center - capacity 3,000; with free coffee and pan de sal, according to Mayor Rolen Paulino
- Ibalong Centrum and Recreation - morning and afternoon viewing; capacity 7,000 (sponsored by Legazpi City government, AKB Representative Christopher Co)
- Albay Astrodome - capacity 5,000 to 6,000 (sponsored by the provincial government)
- Cebu province
- Mandaue City - all 27 barangays, in their respective sports gymnasiums
- Cebu City - 80 barangays, in their respective covered basketball courts, gymnasiums
- BAYS Center at the Bacolod Government Center - capacity at least 2,000
- Gymnasiums of barangays Granada, San Dionisio, 16, Sum-ag, Banago, Bata, and Alijis.
- Tacloban Astrodome; capacity 4,000 to 5,000
- Almendras Gym - capacity 3,500
- AFP Eastern Mindanao Command headquarters - for its personnel and their families
General Santos City
- Compound of the ARMM Office of the Regional Governor
- Lagao Gym - capacity 7,000
- Barangay Labangal - where the village chairperson is Pacquiao's sister-in-law, Lorelei Pacquiao (wife of Bobby Pacquiao)
- Provincial capitol gym - capacity 2,500 (Pacquiao is Sarangani’s congressional representative)
VIDEO: Battle for Greatness: Pacquiao vs Mayweather
|The fight that everybody has been waiting for years is now a reality. Watch as two of boxing's greats, undefeated Floyd Mayweather Jr. and eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao battle it out and settle the score once and for all on May 3 from the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegans, Nevada.|
[Photo Credit: Solar Sports' Twitter Account]