Samsung has announced the release of the Galaxy S6 Edge+ on August 13, which share most of the same hardware as S6 edge.
The big difference is that the Edge+ has the 14.5cm-inch screen and 4GB of RAM, which is 1GB of RAM more than its smaller sibling.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Specs:
- Chipset: 2.1GHz quad-core, plus 1.5GHz quad-core chips
- Display: 5.7-inch Super AMOLED, Gorilla Glass 4; 2,560x1,440 pixels (518 pixels per inch)
- Memory: 32GB/64GB storage options, 4GB of RAM
- Camera: Rear 16-megapixel camera / 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- Battery: 3,000mAh battery (nonremovable)
- Operating System: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Size: 6.07 by 2.98 by 0.27 inches (154.4 by 75.8 by 6.9mm)
- Weight: 5.4 ounces (153 grams)
- Network: 4G LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4 + 5 GHz, a/b/g/n/ac, VHT80 MIMO / Bluetooth 4.2 / NFC / A-GPS / GPS, GLONASS / USB 2.0
- Colors: Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, Silver Titan, White Pearl
- Other: Wireless charging / Nano-SIM / No microSD expansion slot
Price and Release Date
The Galaxy S6 Edge+ went on pre-order at 3 p.m. ET Thursday on various websites and will go on sale in stores in the U.S. and Canada on Aug. 21, Computerworld reported. The Galaxy S6 Edge Plus price has not yet been announced, but may vary by retailer and country, according to Cnet.