Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) named the Gilas Pilipinas 24-player roster for the 2016 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Manila, Philippines, as posted by Quinito Henson in PhilStar.com.
Gilas Pilipinas 24-man Roster for FIBA OQT
- Calvin Abueva (Alaska - PBA)
- Japeth Aguilar (Ginebra - PBA)
- Mac Belo (Phoenix-FEU Accelerators - PBA D-League)
- Andray Blatche (Naturalized Player)
- Jayson Castro (Talk n' Text - PBA)
- Jeff Chan (Rain or Shine - PBA)
- Ranidel De Ocampo (Talk n' Text - PBA)
- Russel Escoto (Phoenix-FEU Accelerators - PBA D-League)
- June Mar Fajardo (San Miguel - PBA)
- Kevin Ferrer (Mighty Sports - PCBL)
- Matt Ganuelas-Rosser (Talk n' Text - PBA)
- Marcio Lassiter (San Miguel - PBA)
- Paul Lee (Rain or Shine - PBA)
- Bobby Ray Parks (Texas Legends - NBA D-League)
- Gabe Norwood (Rain or Shine - PBA)
- Marc Pingris (Purefoods Star - PBA)
- Roger Pogoy (Phoenix-FEU Accelerators - PBA D-League)
- Kiefer Ravena (Mighty Sports - PCBL)
- Ryan Reyes (Talk n' Text - PBA)
- Terrence Romeo (Globalport - PBA)
- Troy Rosario (Talk n' Text - PBA)
- Greg Slaughter (Ginebra - PBA)
- Moala Tautuaa (Talk n' Text - PBA - Back-up Naturalized Player)
- LA Tenorio (Ginebra - PBA)
The Philippines will have until May 4 to submit the 24-player pool to FIBA.
From the 24-man roster, Coach Tab Baldwin will select a short list of 12-16 players on June 20 and the final Gilas Pilipinas 12-player Roster for 2016 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament will be selected on June 27.
The coaching staff features Tab Baldwin as head coach. Serving as assistant coaches are Norman Black, Jong Uichico, Alex Compton, Nash Racela and Josh Reyes.
Credits / Sources:
- Image: FIBA on Facebook