Gilas Pilipinas team manager Butch Antonio announced on Thursday morning (June 9) the 14-player lineup for a European training camp and pocket tournament, as part of the preparation for 2016 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament.
Gilas Pilipinas 14-man Roster for 2016 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament
- Calvin Abueva (Alaska - PBA)
- Japeth Aguilar (Ginebra - PBA)
- Andray Blatche (Naturalized Player)
- Jayson Castro (Talk n' Text - PBA)
- Jeff Chan (Rain or Shine - PBA)
- Ranidel De Ocampo (Talk n' Text - PBA)
- June Mar Fajardo (San Miguel - PBA)
- Bobby Ray Parks (Texas Legends - NBA D-League)
- Gabe Norwood (Rain or Shine - PBA)
- Marc Pingris (Purefoods Star - PBA)
- Ryan Reyes (Talk n' Text - PBA)
- Terrence Romeo (Globalport - PBA)
- Troy Rosario (Talk n' Text - PBA)
- LA Tenorio (Ginebra - PBA)
From the 24-man roster named last April, the team is now down to 14 players.
Coach Tab Baldwin will select a short list of 12-16 players on June 20 and the final Gilas Pilipinas 12-player Roster for 2016 FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament will be selected on June 27.
Credits / Sources:
- Image: HaeL Pinat on Twitter