The DepEd School Calendar for School Year (SY) 2017-2018 is now available to view or download on this page. It was officially released by Department of Education (DepEd) Philippines on May 5, 2017.
Based on the DepEd Order, the SY 2017-2018 shall consist of 204 school days. The opening of classes shall be on Monday, June 5, 2017 and the last day shall be on Friday, April 6, 2018.
School Calendar for School Year 2017-2018
Check out below the DepEd School Calendar for School Year 2017-2018.
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- The School Year 2017-2018 shall formally open on Monday, June 5, 2017 and shall end on Friday, April 6, 2018. It shall consist of 204 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the four days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted every quarter. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 195 class days, as shown in Enclosure No. 1.
- Private schools may deviate from this School Calendar. However, they may not start classes earlier than the first Monday of June and not later than the last day of August, as provided in Republic Act No. 7797 entitled An Act to Lengthen the School Calendar from Two Hundred (200) Days to Not More Than Two Hundred Twenty (220) Class Days. Said schools should notify in advance their respective regional offices (ROs) regarding any deviation from the school calendar.
- The Implementing Guidelines on the SY 2017-2018 Calendar of Activities are provided to enable the schools to effectively and efficiently implement the school events and activities. Likewise, the guidelines shall allow the ROs and the schools division offices to provide support to schools, particularly in the areas of instruction and progress monitoring and evaluation.
- Schools may observe national and local celebrations/activities and holidays other than those indicated in Enclosure Nos. 1 and 2, provided that the activities are beneficial to the teaching-learning process, and that the total number of class days shall not be compromised.
- Make-up classes are recommended in lieu of class cancellations due to celebrations and holidays, as well as natural and man-made calamities. Mechanism for the conduct of make-up classes must be agreed upon by school heads and the Parent-Teacher Associations. In this regard, the ROs may issue a regional school calendar to reflect their respective concerns.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
View or Download: DepEd Order No. 25, Series of 2017
To view the complete DO 25, s. 2017 or the DepEd School Calendar for SY 2017-2018, check the embedded file below.
Important Dates: DepED School Calendar for SY 2017-2018
- May 15-May 19, 2017: Brigada Eskwela
- June 5, 2017: Beginning of Classes
- June 2017 (Tentative): National Achievement Test (NAT) Grade 6
- June 2017 (Tentative): NAT Grade 10
- August 2017 (Tentative): National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE) for Grade 9
- October 1, 2017: Alternative Learning System Accreditation and Equivalency (ALS A&E) Test for Luzon
- October 5, 2017: World Teacher's Day
- October 8, 2017: Alternative Learning System Accreditation and Equivalency (ALS A&E) Test for Visayas and Mindanao
- October 23-27, 2017: Start of Semestral Break (for students) and In-Service Training for Teachers
- November 2017 (TBA): NAT Grade 12
- December 22, 2017: Start of Christmas Break
- January 3, 2018: Resumption of Classes
- January 27 - February 28, 2018: Early Registration for Kindergarten and Grade 12
- February 19-23, 2018: National Festival of Talents (NFOT) and National School Press Conference (NSPC)
- April 2-6, 2018: End of School Year Rites, Graduation (Grade 6 and 12), Moving Up Ceremony (Kinder and Grade 10)
- April 6, 2018: Last Day of Classes for SY 2017-2018
- April 16-20, 2018: Palarong Pambansa
- April 16-May 25, 2018: Summer Classes