The schedule for the UP College Admission Test (UPCAT) 2018 for the incoming Freshmen of Academic Year (AY) 2018-2019 is out.
The UP Office of Admissions on Thursday, June 15 posted the schedule on their Facebook page. This year’s UPCAT will be on October 21 and 22 (Saturday and Sunday) at several testing centers nationwide.
UPCAT 2018: Application dates and deadline
Acceptance of applications to take the UPCAT 2018 will start on July 17, 2017.
Deadline for filing of applications will be as follows:
- August 18, 2017 – Metro Manila Private Schools
- August 25, 2017 – Metro Manila Public Schools
- September 1, 2017 – Non-Metro Manila Schools and applications thru Regional Filing Centers
As advised, late applications will be subject for late fees.
UPCAT 2018: Admission Requirements
Applicants for one the most competitive college entrance exams in the country must be the following:
- Senior high school student expecting to graduate before SY2017 from a DepEd-accredited high school or a secondary school abroad; OR
- Graduate of a DepEd- accredited high school or secondary school abroad; OR
- PEPT Certified Eligible for admission to college; AND
- With final grades for three (3) high school years preceding the year of graduation; AND
- Must not have taken any college subject/s prior to taking the UPCAT; AND
- Must not have taken the UPCAT previously.
UPCAT 2018: Required Documents
Check out below the required documents for UPCAT 2018.
|Category of Applicant||Required Documents|
|All applicants||Four recent 2X2 identical photographs|
|Proof of payment of UPCAT application fee|
|Completed UPCAT Forms 1 and 2|
|IF High school graduate||High school diploma|
|IF Graduating in 2018 from a HS with a DepEd approved K+12 transition program (i.e. SHS Early Adopter)||DepEd Certificate of Approval or Permit to Operate transition program|
|IF Philippine Education Placement Test (PEPT) taker||PEPT Certificate of Eligibility to Enter College and PEPT grades|
|IF Transferee (i.e. has taken subjects from another high school)||Signed and certified legible photocopy of the Permanent Secondary School Record (F137) from other school with all the grades earned within|
|IF Exempted from payment of application fee:|
|Annual gross family income is PhP130,000 or less; OR||2015 ITRs of earning family members or BIR Certificate of Exemption|
|A Top Ten graduate/prospective graduate of a public high school||Certified Ranked overall list of the school's TOP TEN students across all programs and/or campuses|
SOURCE: [UPCAT - U.P. System | UPCATOnline]