The DepEd School Calendar for School Year (SY) 2018-2019 is now available to view or download on this page. It was officially released by Department of Education (DepEd) Philippines on May 24, 2018.
Based on the DepEd Order, the SY 2018-2019 shall consist of 208 school days. The opening of classes shall be on Monday, June 4, 2018 and the last day shall be on Friday, April 5, 2019.
School Calendar for School Year 2018-2019
Check out below the DepEd School Calendar for School Year 2018-2019.
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The School Year (SY) 2018-2019 shall formally open on Monday, June 4, 2018 and shall end on Friday, April 5, 2019. It shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days as shown in Enclosure No. 2.
- Private schools may deviate from this School Calendar. However, they may not start classes earlier than the first Monday of June and not later than the last day of August, as provided in Republic Act (RA) No. 7797, entitled An Act to Lengthen the School Calendar from Two Hundred (200) Days to Not More than Two Hundred Twenty (220) Class Days. Said schools should notify in advance their respective regional offices (ROs) regarding any deviation from the school calendar.
- The Implementing Guidelines on the SY 2018-2019 Calendar of Activities are provided in Enclosure No. 1 to enable the schools to effectively and efficiently implement the school events and activities. Likewise, the guidelines shall allow the ROs and the schools division offices to provide support to schools, particularly in the areas of instruction, and progress monitoring and evaluation.
- Schools may observe national and local celebrations/activities and holidays other than those indicated in Enclosure Nos. 2 and 3, provided that the activities are beneficial to the teaching-learning process, and that the total number of class days shall not be compromised.
- Make-up classes are recommended in lieu of class cancellations due to celebrations and holidays, as well as natural and man-made calamities. Mechanism for the conduct of make-up classes must be agreed upon by school heads and the Parent-Teacher Associations. In this regard, the ROs may issue a regional school calendar to announce and reflect their concerned events.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
View or Download: DepEd Order No. 25, Series of 2018
To view the complete DO 25, s. 2018 or the DepEd School Calendar for SY 2018-2019, check the embedded file below.
To download the full file which includes the Implementing Guidlines on the School Calendar for School Year (SY) 2018-2019, please click here.
Important Dates: DepED School Calendar for SY 2018-2019
- May 21-June 2, 2018: Brigada Eskwela
- June 4, 2018: Beginning of Classes
- August 2018 (Tentative): National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE) for Grade 9
- October 5, 2018: World Teacher's Day
- October 2018 (Tentative): Alternative Learning System Accreditation and Equivalency (ALS A&E) Test
- October 22, 2018: Start of Semestral Break (for students) and In-Service Training for Teachers
- October 29, 2018: Resumption of Classes
- December 22, 2018: Start of Christmas Break
- January 2, 2019: Resumption of Classes
- January 26 - February 27, 2019: Early Registration for Kindergarten and Grade 12
- January 28 - February 1, 2019: National Festival of Talents (NFOT) and National School Press Conference (NSPC)
- March 2019 (Tentative): National Achievement Test (NAT) for Grade 6 and 10
- April 1-5, 2019: End of School Year Rites
- April 5, 2019: Last Day of Classes for SY 2018-2019
- April 2019 (Tentative): Palarong Pambansa
- April 15 - May 24, 2019: Summer Classes